Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Top 3 Vintage Finds of the Day and Daily Inspiration

Hi guys,

Just a short post for today because I'm working on a much longer one to post later this week! I promise it will be good. Thanks for your patience :)

My top three vintage finds today are all from Rusty Zipper. Rusty Zipper is based in Oregon and describes itself as "the web's first vintage clothing store." It has been online since 1995, way before it became cool to shop vintage! So legit!

On top of that, the company is committed to helping the environment by purchasing all energy through Portland's clean energy program, using carbon neutral packaging through UPS for shipments, and taking an active stance toward recycling clothing. Read more about it here.

The site is very well organized and classified according to type or genre of clothing, for example, 70s Dresses or Disco Dresses. I immediately clicked that link and found this adorable number:

3. Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!!!

70s, 1970s, american hustle, brady bunch, dress, retro, vintage, cute, sexy, pretty, shopping, retro, thriftshop, portland, oregon
Get it here!
 I'm quite sure that with the success of the American Hustle movie, especially after it scoops up some Oscar awards, disco-inspired pieces such as shirt dresses and wrap dresses will be hot for spring. Like Marcia Brady, this dress is authentically vintage and timelessly sexy.

 2. Mandarin Collar, Make Ya Holla


floral, dress, vintage, secondhand, shopping, thrift shop, rose, roses, mandarin collar, chinese, asian, traditional, evening, dress, dressy, sexy, cute, fun, retro, hot
Get it here!

This dress reminds me of that Wong Kar Wai film, In The Mood For Love, which was set in Hong Kong in the 1960s. The style was a very refined sexiness, replete with tight-fitting cheongsam (traditional Chinese dresses) and western-style pin curls with lots of red lipstick. I've been seeing some Asian-inspired dresses on the runways recently, with a lot of brocade and embroidery, so this dress would also be a wise investment. And finally, I just love the faux-conservative look of the mandarin collar, just waiting to be unbuttoned!

1. Jacquard of All Trades

dress, 90s, 1990s, 90's, jacquard, floral, evening, dress, cute, sexy, fun, formal, shopping, vintage, thrift, retro, secondhand
Get it here!
 Man, I love the 90s! Look at the shimmery jacquard! It looks like my high school winter formal dress! Again, I've seen a lot of jacquard dresses on the runway, so here's your chance to get in on the ground floor with an original vintage 90s piece. And that slit is so much more manageable than the ones threatening major southern exposure on Nasty Gal lately. Do I sound old? I totally aged myself there...oops.

Anyway, enjoy your shopping. Rusty Zipper is fun to look through even if you aren't buying. And finally, I'll leave you with my inspirational retro 90s song of the day:


 I like to listen to this and think about what has and hasn't changed since this song came out. Can a brother get a little PEACE?!







4 comments:

  1. Babe! I adore your blog soo much!! I'm your newest follower on Bloglovin' :-).. Hope you can follow back!

    Love,

    Noor
    http://queenofjetlags.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Noor! Love your blog too! Followed you back! <3

      Delete
  2. I love it!!
    I'm your newest follower on Bloglovin. Hope you will follow me back ♥

    xx
    Nathalie
    http://www.nathalie-kemna.nl
    https://www.facebook.com/nathalie.kemna.official

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nathalie! Thanks for following! Beautiful pix on your blog! <3 Following you now too!

      Delete